Yes, it is already halfway through 2021. The battle to curb the curve of COVID19 is still going on in many countries. And many other countries have already succeeded in keeping the virus out of their boundaries. COVID19 was indeed a challenge in all sectors of life. The country’s education, economic, tourist, and industrial sectors came to a standstill. And the few sectors that could overcome the worldwide pandemic are Health and IT.
When we consider why the IT sector could gain more profit during the pandemic, we can find that the flexibility of the human resource and nature of the work was a great advantage. The Work From Home culture was quickly implemented and the sector could quickly adapt to it. Moreover, the employment opportunities also were not affected in a drastic way, even though there were a lot of cut-offs.
Another advantage of the sector is that its scope is vast. You need not necessarily be a software engineer or developer to work in the IT sector. Job-seekers could easily switch careers and explore fresh opportunities if they are equipped with the right skills. As the future of employment will be mainly centered on IT, developing some of these Hard and Soft Skills can fetch you a promising career.
Top Soft Skills that will Help You
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – It is the ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict. A higher EQ is a useful skill to prevent making decisions based on emotional biases or outbreaks in a Work Space
- Persistence – Clinging On to your Course of Action is important to succeed in any venture. The ‘Won’t Give Up’ attitude will always be rewarded.
- Adaptability – It is a soft skill that means being able to rapidly learn new skills and behaviors in response to changing circumstances. The skill to adapt to new situations and conditions will help to easily find space and harmony in your work team.
- Work Ethics – Work Ethics fuels an individual’s needs and goals, it is related to the initiative by a person for the objectives.
- Time Management- Every human has 24 hours and how we manage that time determines our progress. Time management is important to keep a track of our professional growth and create a work-life balance.
The other soft skills that will make your professional and personal career better are as follows.
- Problem- Solving & Decision Making
- Active Listening
Top Hard Skills that Promise a Job in 2021-2022
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
The list doesn’t end here. The world of technology is a world of opportunities. And with these soft skills and hard skills, you can improve your career or get better career opportunities in the IT sector. Moreover, constant updating and upgrading of skills are essential to hold on to the IT sector. If you can find a job that makes use of your top soft skills, you may end up feeling more fulfilled at work. You’ll end up feeling good at what you do and good about what you do.