If you are someone who loves to develop ads or any other HTML5 content in a creative yet impressive way, then Google Web Designer is for you! GWD was launched by Google in 2013. It is a freely available tool that can act as a helping hand to make websites and advertisements that will surely stand out from the rest of the others.
Let’s dig deeper into what a Google Web Designer tool is and its benefits!
What is Google Web Designer?
Google Web Designer (GWD) is a free desktop application from Google that is applicable for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It has a visual and code interface that can help you create elegant HTML5 web pages, CSS files, banners, or page snippets in multiple browser formats. But most of all, GWD is built for the creation of 3D online advertisements and interstitials. Google Web Designer allows you to create your idea and works on any device with responsive design, animation, and interactive HTML5 features.
Speaking about the interface, it is surrounded by a toolbar, tool options, panels, timeline, document tabs, and view bar.
- The toolbar is filled with tools for the creation and manipulation of elements, and it can be seen in the left corner of the interface.
- The tool option is shown on the top of the interface in which it shows all the currently selected tools and their advanced options.
- Timeline enables you to make animations with the usage of keyframes. There are two options available for the creation of animation, Quick mode and Advanced mode. Quick mode allows you to create a scene-by-scene animation. Whereas Advanced mode allows us to animate each element individually.
- Panels involve all the properties, colors, Ad validator, CSS, events, and many more options. Also, you can modify them according to the way you like.
- Moreover, you can preview your documents or ads to be aware of how it will look on the browsers(chrome, firefox, etc) you choose and allow you to publish them.
- On the other hand, there are a wide variety of templates that you can choose according to your specifications.
Overall, it’s a big deal to have all these options in a free version tool like Google Web Designer. At first, this software may look like a Dreamweaver or flash. However, it is quite different from those and quite beneficial for creating online ads and sites without spending a penny!
How to download the Google Web Designer tool?
What are the benefits of Google Web Designer?
- Convenient for beginners
- 3D Content
- Compatible on any devices
- Flawless Google Integrations
To sum up!
Even though it is named Google Web Designer, the features for creating a fully functional website remain narrow. However, if you are thinking of creating interactive online ad banners and interstitials, you should make use of this tool. The arrival of tools like Google Web Designer is a huge advantage for those who cannot afford to hire professionals to do the work. So, give it a try and bring your ideas to life!