“Backlinks” are one of the smartest technique of every successful SEO campaign. They are an essential part of the SEO process.
First of all, it’s necessary to sort out what a backlink is.
WHAT ARE BACKLINKS?
Backlinks are those links coming to our site from other websites. Backlinks make a huge impact on a website’s prominence in search engine results. In other words, a backlink is a link one website gets from another website. Also, related to as “incoming links,” backlinks execute their connection through external websites.
These links from external domains lead to pages on your own domain. Whenever backlinks happen, it is similar to receiving a vote for a webpage. The more votes you receive from the top ranking sites, the more positive impact on a site’s ranking and search visibility.
Although Google has altered how backlinks operate when it comes to search engine optimization. Yet, they still act a role in how high your site ranks in results. Not only do these links help improve your result position, but they can also support to brand reputation and domain authority. However, you need to make sure you hold quality links.
Today, the old link building strategies are outdated. Check out these few smart ways to earn backlinks to your website.
SMART WAYS TO EARN BACKLINKS TO YOUR WEBSITE
- Broken-link building method – Broken link-building is a tactic how you detect a broken (i.e., dead) link, recreate the dead content, later tell the webmasters linking to the dead resource to instead link to your recreated content. It operates because nobody requires dead links on their website. Thus when you say webmasters about broken links on the site, they’ll cheerfully restore them with working ones. Here, you are offering the webmaster a favor by reporting the broken links, and hence the possibilities of a backlink back to your website are high.
- Backlinks through Infographics – In today’s world, Infographics resume being insanely popular. At present, infographics are liked and shared on social media 3x higher than any other type of content. Infographics are an excellent blending of visuals and text. Most infographics are visually attractive, usually carrying interesting information about a certain topic that the audience can easily browse through. Hence, good infographics have the capability to make your content go viral, generate tons of high-quality backlinks, and increase your site’s overall SEO.
Once you are done with creating infographics, and which shines on your website, just distribute it on multiple sites. There are infinite infographic directories where you can submit yours. For example, here is a record with more than 100 sites to submit your infographic.
- The advantage of guest articles – Guest blogging is one of the best online marketing tactics you can advance in. Guest posting clearly spells publishing posts written by others. If you desire to expand your brand’s message and acquire the trust of your target audience, start sharing content to different blogs associated with your business or market. Content is very essential for SEO as well as engaging your readers. Here are some of the best guest posting sites to submit your articles.
- Spy on your competitors – To help you build great content that will earn your site backlinks, you need to spy on your competitors. Do you know why? It’s because the possibilities are that they’ve got great content which is already ranking great and has generated plenty of backlinks. Accordingly, what you need to do is to not just follow them on social media but also sign up to all newsletters they send out. Another clever way is to catch up with their latest content is to create a Google alert. One of our favorite tools for identifying when and how your competitors are building links is Monitor Backlinks or smallseotools.
- Build internal links – Internal links are a key factor for running a successful blog. A good internal linking structure contributes to developing a great user experience because visitors can easily navigate your site and find relevant articles that add to or match the page they’re already viewing.
Be cautious not to burden your pages with internal links, though. It’s good to keep backlinks per page down to below 100, and you want to include external links to the count (you’ll see why in a bit).
- Promote your content – Official websites won’t magically link to your content. You need to place it in front of them! First and foremost, the only approach to achieve in your promotion attempts is to promote content that official websites have reason to link to. For doing this, one of the best approaches to achieve this is to contact bloggers or websites running weekly or monthly roundups. Again here, you can make use of Google alerts. Make certain you pick, in order to view results only from the past week or month.
- Write Testimonials – An excellent and innovative method of winning some backlinks is to compose a testimonial for a website. The first run is to settle your target, write them an e-mail explaining how pleased you were with their product or service. Don’t mention anything about backlinks. Once the lines of communication have been opened and they have agreed on the testimonial idea, then make the move. Once the testimonial has been done just add your name and website URL to the bottom of the testimonial. They’ll think nothing of it. After all, you did just take the time to write them an awesome testimonial.
- Social Media – Social signals play an important role as a ranking factor. And, there is a lot of attention on Social Media that just isn’t going away. Linking back to your site from social media sites drives traffic and advantages to your website from an SEO viewpoint. There are numerous chances to create backlinks on social networks and they are strongly believed in Google’s eyes. Sites like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc. occur to be the commonly visited sites and are a great place for you to earn some attention for your brand.
- Donate – In the SEO industry, you can make donations to certain non-profit websites, and in several cases, this results in a valuable SEO backlink back to your site. Once you find a site that actively allows donations and which links out to sites that have donated, it’s simply a matter of clicking on the donate button, offering a donation along with your site anchor text. A few days later, or sometimes also a few hours later, your link shows up.
- Get Interviewed – Nowadays, getting interviewed on podcasts, news sites, blogs, and in different publications is likewise an honest way to earn natural backlinks. And besides, it’s one of the most neglected and underused natural link building strategies. By advertising expert interviews on your site, you can not only increase the existing following of popular people but also convince readers with valuable and unique questions and answers. This fulfilment will definitely have a high chance of converting into backlinks and social shares.
Outside links still matter and aren’t old, therefore start acting on tactics to gain valuable backlinks to advance your search visibility. Lastly, remember that holding your backlinks is as essential as growing them. Hence, have a record of the backlinks your website is getting, by using tools like Monitor Backlinks, Ahrefs, smallseotools or Majestic.